TDPL a bad idea?

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 14:01:26 PST 2010

On 06/02/2010 23:42, Walter Bright wrote:
> Yigal Chripun wrote:
>> Walter, Please take a look at FUDForum.
>
> I did, thanks for the reference. I think reddit blows it away for user
> interface. Fudforum has the usual problem with web forums of using too
> much vertical space, meaning you have a hard time keeping track of where
> you are in a thread.

Did you try switching to the tree view? It looks almost like reddit, IMO.
Also, you can't really evaluate a web-forum by just looking at their
online forum, Did you try installing a local copy and experiment with it?
all modern web forums are completely customizable via template systems
and themes, but you need to be an admin to see that. Basically you can
change the entire UI by changing the template.