Coverity tool

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Tue Feb 9 16:21:05 PST 2010

bearophile wrote:
> But there are many C++ programmers that don't use exceptions, for
> example they are not allowed in Google C++ code:
> http://google-styleguide.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/cppguide.xml#Exceptions
>  So surely not 100% of D code will use exceptions. That's why I have
> said that D avoids some of those problems but not all them :-)

I don't know why Google proscribes exceptions, but exceptions still have
an uneasy relationship with C++. Older compilers may not support them
properly, much C++ code uses them incorrectly and inconsistently, there
isn't good support for exception safety or transaction safety, being
able to throw value types is a big mistake, etc.