Type system plug-ins [Was: Re: Coverity tool]

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Feb 11 13:20:55 PST 2010

dennis luehring:
> but how should the plugin-system work?

I am ignorant still about type systems. But see something about pluggable type systems:
http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/1311

>what do the LLVM-guys think about plugin like that<

Chris Lattner, the boss of the LLVM project, has told me that he is not interested in a plug-in system for LLVM similar to the new GCC one, because LLVM has adopted kind of the opposite design strategy: it's made of loosely connected components that you can recombine and reuse to do what you want.

Bye,
bearophile