How DMD's -w *Prevents* Me From Seeing My Warnings

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Fri Feb 12 14:58:10 PST 2010

On 2010-02-12 17:20:33 -0500, BCS <none at anon.com> said:

> I'd also not mind see an orthogonal way to suppress warnings in
> libraries; maybe only do warnings in packages not reached via include
> paths give via -I

I think the simplest thing would be to get warnings only for the code
you're actually compiling. If you're compiling only one file called
"test.d", then you get warnings for everything in "test.d" and
templates instantiated from "test.d". All the rest is just imported
declarations and you should't see warnings about imported declarations.
You'll have to compile the other modules too if they're not in a
separate library anyway, and then you'll be able to see the warnings it
generates.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com