foreach_reverse is better than ever

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Feb 14 12:46:22 PST 2010

"Mike James" <foo at bar.com> wrote in message
news:hl9i1q$24m0$1 at digitalmars.com...

> I can understand that, but the problem is - the dictionary definition of
> 'retro' is 'associated with or revived from the past'. It doesn't
> correctly describe the action. It could generate many hours of semiotic
> arguements... ;=)

I think there's probably a lot of cases where dictionary definitions don't
quite match a word's usage in the programming world. "Kill", "thread",
"string", "rake" (the ruby build tool) all come to mind. Of course, "retro"
might be argued to be more of a stretch than some of those, but you can also
think of "retro" just referring to the prefix "retro" (which does basically
just mean "backwards", AIUI) rather than the actual word "retro".