disabling unary "-" for unsigned types

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sun Feb 14 20:12:02 PST 2010

retard wrote:
 > Basically D just shows how well Walter has read his CS books.

There's a lot more to writing compilers and designing languages than
you'll find in CS books. For example, I discovered that the CS textbook
optimization algorithms don't actually work. The authors had obviously
never implemented them in a production compiler.

> This is not the case in languages designed by language experts such as
> Guy Steele, Simon Peyton Jones, or John McCarthy.

I'm curious, why are you here, then? Why aren't you using Fortress,
Haskell, or Lisp instead?

If you're here to criticize me, that's cool, I don't mind. I'd much
prefer it, though, if you were here to help and would step up and
contribute code, documentation, articles, etc. D can really use your
active help.