disabling unary "-" for unsigned types

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Mon Feb 15 03:13:08 PST 2010

Sun, 14 Feb 2010 20:12:02 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:

> retard wrote:
>  > Basically D just shows how well Walter has read his CS books.
>
> There's a lot more to writing compilers and designing languages than
> you'll find in CS books. For example, I discovered that the CS textbook
> optimization algorithms don't actually work. The authors had obviously
> never implemented them in a production compiler.
>

>> This is not the case in languages designed by language experts such as
>> Guy Steele, Simon Peyton Jones, or John McCarthy.
>
> I'm curious, why are you here, then?

To me D is an interesting piece of research. While my main interest is in
programming and such, I'm mostly interested here in the group dynamics.
It's interesting to see how much real world experience outside D
community affects D (individuals such as bearophile constantly shoot us
with "new" ideas) and in general how people protect their beliefs, how
they justify their arguments.

I'm really sorry I often sound so annoying. I guess I should stop posting
at all since there seems to be small value in criticizing things or
discussing various programming topics.