foreach_reverse is better than ever

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 15 06:00:19 PST 2010

== Quote from Jacob Carlborg (doob at me.com)'s article
> I never understood the reason for that the names need to be short. I
> think the most important thing is that the names are clear. Just look at
> the C standard library, it's horrible, almost every name is an
> abbreviation of some kind.

Names should be short to save typing and clutter.  Of course, clarity also
matters.  I tend to prefer short names for frequently used language and library
constructs that everyone who has been using the language for more than two weeks
should know.  Longer names have their use in **your** programs and in less
frequently used constructs, where the overhead of memorizing what a short, unclear
name means is less than the overhead of typing a long name.