Module-level visibility

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Feb 15 15:25:00 PST 2010

I have shown this little program to some of my friends that program in Java/C#:

class Foo {
    private int x;
}
void main() {
    Foo f = new Foo;
    f.x = 5;
}

When I say them this code compiles with D2 they usually tell me that the compiler has a bug.
So I suggest Walter to ask other people, maybe at Google or else (and in this newsgroup too), if they think this feature of D2 is a good thing, before this feature is set in stone in D2 (I have no definite answer about this topic, I can't help you). If you are really sure this is a good feature, then you can ignore this post.

Bye,
bearophile