C++ concepts

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Feb 16 10:13:37 PST 2010

retard:
> BTW, how does D handle functional dependencies between types?

You have to ask me that again in a simpler way, with one or more examples, etc. :-) My guess is that D doesn't handle that much.

> Type class is a higher level abstraction. Some consider it to be one of
> the best features in languages like Haskell. The similar feature in C++0x
> was concept maps or something like that.

The problem is they also add some complexity to C++ that's already too much complex.
In D you don't have explicit concept maps, but you can create something simpler that has similar purposes.

> But even in the abandoned c++0x proposal, checking axioms was optional
> IIRC.

Checking axioms is hard in a language like C++, you need a language like Coq.
But hereI was not talking about checking axioms, I was talking about using them (assumed as true by the compiler) for optimization purposes.

Bye,
bearophile