disabling unary "-" for unsigned types

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 11:44:13 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 01:11:49PM -0600, Ellery Newcomer wrote:
> Awesome. It doesn't work for opPow, though.

Probably because I used assembly there, and opPow
wouldn't be implemented as a simple instruction.

Reimplementing it in that function and watching for
the overflow ourself would work, but would probably be
really slow.

> And aha! put a static opCall in conjunction with opAssign and you can
> assign when declaring it. This ought to be in the docs somewhere where I
> can find it..

Oh yeah, that's right. I think it is in the struct page
of the website, but this is one of those things that's
easy to forget. I'd really like to see opCall change
in structs so it is more intuitive. Problem is, I
don't have a better proposal.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net