Assertion Failue : toobj.c

Ezneh petitv.isat at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 12:33:28 PST 2010

Hello there, i'm trying to make the win32.lib with the win32 binding available on dsource.org, but I have an error :

code      accctrl
code      aclapi
code      aclui
Assertion failure: 'classinfo->structsize == CLASSINFO_SIZE' on line 870 in file
 'toobj.c'

abnormal program termination
make: *** [win32.lib] Error 1

I don't really know if it's the binding which has bugs but I found the toobj.c file in the dmd compiler's sources.

So, I'm using the latest dmd stable compiler for dmd 1 (1.056) and tango 0.98. I got this error with dmd2beta, dmd1.033, dmd2.040 too (I also used tango 0.99.9 kai).

That's why I'm not sure this error is a bug from dmd's compilers or if it's the fault of the binding.

Well, it's not really the place but I also wanted to know if it exists a win32 binding which is most up-to-date and complete that the one I want to use. Is there something easiest to use to make GUI and / or as recent as possible ?

( I tried GTKD, wxD, DFL but I got errors from all of them ... I don't know what I'm doing so wrong to don't have chance with libraries ...)

Well, sorry for my poor English and for this long topic.