Assertion Failue : toobj.c

Don nospam at nospam.com
Tue Feb 16 13:53:30 PST 2010

Ezneh wrote:
> Hello there, i'm trying to make the win32.lib with the win32 binding available on dsource.org, but I have an error :
>

> code      accctrl
> code      aclapi
> code      aclui
> Assertion failure: 'classinfo->structsize == CLASSINFO_SIZE' on line 870 in file
>  'toobj.c'
>
> I don't really know if it's the binding which has bugs but I found the toobj.c file in the dmd compiler's sources.

Yes, that's a compiler bug. It's never been reported before.
(Although see bug 1008, maybe it's a mismatched DMD/Phobos problem?)

  I've tried but cannot reproduce the problem using cygwin on WinXP and
the latest win32 from dsource (BTW, using gnu-specific extensions on a
makefile for Windows headers is kinda weird). Please create a bugzilla
report giving as enough details to have a chance to reproduce it.