!in

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Feb 17 07:22:01 PST 2010

I've seen this change:
http://dsource.org/projects/dmd/changeset/388

!in is one of the things I have asked in the first list of requests I have posted in this newsgroup a lot of time ago :-) Glad to see few of those things get implemented. Thank you.

The related thing I was asking for, is to use "in" for a linear search of single items inside an array, as in Python, a very handy thing that's used frequently (CPython it also implements an efficient algorithm to search for a substring: http://effbot.org/zone/stringlib.htm  But probably Andrei wants such substring search to be a separated algorithm, even if it's very specifically tuned for strings only and not for arrays in general. I can understand this).

Bye,
bearophile