Some questions now D2 is frozen

Thu Feb 18 00:28:03 PST 2010

Andrei said in the 'D2 Closure' thread that D2 has officially been
frozen, and that he and Walter has made a lot of desicions on their own
over the past few weeks.

That makes me, and I'm sure others as well, curious as to what these
desicions were, and what the final D2 spec looks like.  I'd hate to have
to wait for TDPL to come out, and the compiler releases catching up, to
find out. ;)

So, Walter, Andrei, and anyone else in the know:

1. Will array literals be immutable?

2. Have you found new names for the "ugly" keywords? (__gshared, __traits)

3. Have you found a "rule" for determining whether an attribute is a
keyword or an @annotation?

4. Will private members inside eponymous templates work?

5. Will opIndex and opSlice be merged?

6. Do arrays still have the built-in 'reverse' and 'sort' properties?

7. Are there any changes that haven't been mentioned or discussed on the
NG yet?

-Lars