Whither Tango?

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Thu Feb 18 16:13:27 PST 2010

Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:40:55 -0500, Paul D. Anderson wrote:

> Putting even more carts before their horses ---
>
> Will Tango move from D1 to D2 when D2 is "frozen"?
>
> More accurately, I guess, when Walter declares D2 stable and starts on
> D3?

It might help the badly split community if Tango developers started their
own fork of D. This way both versions of the language could have a single
standard library without any public fights. There's so much work gone in
const-correct Phobos and D2. Some old Tango users might want to have a D1
style look'n'feel of the language but still develop the language a bit
further.