Whither Tango?

Ezneh petitv.isat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 04:16:27 PST 2010

Stewart Gordon Wrote:

> Bernard Helyer wrote:
> > On 19/02/10 13:13, retard wrote:
> >> It might help the badly split community if Tango developers started their
> >> own fork of D.
> >
> > No, it wouldn't. A fork would *completely* split the community (and be
> > disastrous IMO), not help it.
>
> I'm not sure.  Given that the damage is already done, if the Tango
> community can break away and be programming in another language derived
> from D, it might finally stop people complaining nonsensically that D
> has two "standard" libraries.  Tango would be E's standard library, and
> Phobos would remain D's.
>
> Stewart.

I don't think that D have to be split in two "community" because it has two "standard libraries".

And I would be an useless idea to make a new language derived from D only cause of that too.

So, it is not better to find a compromise between these libraries ?
Why they have to be "two" libraries rather than one which was designed by larsivi, Walter Bright and Andrei Alexandrescu ?

Oh and to be complete about "E" : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_(programming_language) ;)