From the silent community

Jordi jordi at rovira.cat
Fri Feb 19 07:09:18 PST 2010

Hi,

   I have been learning D2 since some months ago and i have started to
experience with it a little bit, by porting my 3 years old home project
to it from C++. I already feel imprisoned in C++ because the industry i
work in (computer games), so i find the experience really refreshing.

   But this is not what i want to speak of. Still a little bit of
context was necessary before going on, this one being my first post. I
think i belong to a group of silent D followers who believe this
language has a lot of potential and keep an eye on it.

   Yes, I think there is some amount of "despotism" in the way it is
being done, but i don't understand at all how people can come here to
complain so much. Guys, if you don't like this, move on to another
language, fork this one, or stay and try to be constructive, submit
patches, etc. Many things can be done better, but don't forget how much
you are paying for this (hint, 0) and how much right you have to be
angry if this people don't do as you say (hint, none).

   I have great hopes for D2, that will be resolved favorable or not
after the secret concurrency stuff is published and GDC catches up. But
I feel a little bit sad every time i read some guy hidden behind a silly
nick trying to impose his will into somebody else's project, or his bad
mood into other people in these newsgroups.

   I don't want to start one more flamewar thread (i wouldn't care
though). On the contrary i wanted to write a supportive and encouraging
message to the D, DMD, GDC and LDC developers.

   Good work!

Jordi