Whither Tango?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Feb 19 14:32:11 PST 2010

"dave eveloper" <tango at land.net> wrote in message
news:hlm402$1mr0$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Ezneh Wrote:
>
>> So, it is not better to find a compromise between these libraries ?
>> Why they have to be "two" libraries rather than one which was designed by
>> larsivi, Walter Bright and Andrei Alexandrescu ?
>
> I haven't seen larsivi around lately. Is it possible that there's a
> communication problem? Perhaps a personality mismatch?

He mainly hangs around the Tango forums.

> Bearophile also always reminds us that a proper closure inlining support
> would make collection algorithms as fast as the ugly string template hack
> Phobos. That way you wouldn't have hard coded parameter symbols like a and
> b.

I like having the option of pre-defined param symbols for closures. If a
closure is trivial enough, then manually defining a custom-name can be
overkill (but with D2's additional syntax suger for anon closures, it's not
that big of a deal).

The problem I do have with it though, is that they're evaluated in the wrong
scope.