From the silent community

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Feb 19 14:50:54 PST 2010

"Jordi" <jordi at rovira.cat> wrote in message
news:hlm9j0$21eh$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Hi,
>
>   I have been learning D2 since some months ago and i have started to
> experience with it a little bit, by porting my 3 years old home project to
> it from C++. I already feel imprisoned in C++ because the industry i work
> in (computer games), so i find the experience really refreshing.

Nice to hear. Much of my programming background is in games, and I came over
to D after escaping the same games==C++ prison. (Of course, most of my work
these days is web, ick! But then again I have developed a lot of pet peeves
about what most of the games industry has been doing the last decade, so I
suppose I wouldn't be happy there now anyway, so I guess it's just as well
:/ )

>   I have great hopes for D2, that will be resolved favorable or not after
> the secret concurrency stuff is published and GDC catches up. But I feel a
> little bit sad every time i read some guy hidden behind a silly nick
> trying to impose his will into somebody else's project, or his bad mood
> into other people in these newsgroups.

I try to impose my will and bad mood *without* using a nickname!

(Hell, why would I need to? My name's alrady Nick! Har har! Did I mention I
also try to impose my crappy jokes?)