Whither Tango?

Norbert Nemec Norbert at Nemec-online.de
Sat Feb 20 10:07:08 PST 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> "iota" is already present with the same semantics in 1.25 languages: C++
> and Go. Anyhow, what's a better name?

For me, a Google search for "C++ iota" only returns discussions about
whether such a function actually exists in the STL. Is it really in the
standard?

Anyway: Looking at the definition of ïota in Phobos, it simply seems to
be a slicing operation with a stride. Most intuitive to me would be to
rename the function to "slice" and the option step to "stride"?