Whither Tango?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 20:21:01 PST 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 09:11:32PM -0500, Michel Fortin wrote:
> I'd say go with just "format". That'd make the fully qualified name is
> "std.string.format", no need to repeat "string" a second time, even if
> it's just an "s".

There's already a format() function - it returns a dynamically allocated
string for the result.

The difference with sformat() is it takes a buffer in, instead of allocating
its own. The only use for sformat that I can think of over regular format()
is to boost performance in certain special cases; it wouldn't be used
regularly.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net