A rationale for pure nothrow ---> @pure @nothrow (and nothing else changes)

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Feb 27 06:06:21 PST 2010

Jonathan M Davis:

> Changing public or private to be attributes would be
> quite disconcerting given how C++, Java, C#, D1, etc. all have them as
> keywords. And making them attributes would make porting code that much
> harder. It seems entirely valid to me.

I think that making public or private as attributes requires just a textual search & replace of the lowercase string "public" with "@public" and the same for private. This change requires a small time even if you don't use an IDE. And IDE can even allow you to avoid to replace those words if they are inside a comment/string.
In comparison to this, the recent D2 change of fixed-sized arrays that are now passed by value and not by reference needs in my opinion more care when you translate C code to D.

Bye,
bearophile