A rationale for pure nothrow ---> @pure @nothrow (and nothing

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Feb 27 11:34:37 PST 2010

grauzone:
> It would be interesting to know whether Walter/Andrei plan to add user
> defined attributes later.

I hope so :-) The flexibility coming from user defined attributes (that sometimes can be seen a extensions to the type system) is one of the most important purposes of attributes. But they are mostly an additive change compared to the current situation, so they can be added to D3.

> Right now, the attribute syntax seems to be some sort of keyword parking
> site and/or graveyard.

Right now think of it as another namespace where you can add new keywords, avoiding the risk/annoyance of having a variable with the same name.

Bye,
bearophile