Concurrency architecture for D2

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 07:36:31 PST 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:

> Nick B wrote:

> > 3. Finally, is this a requirement to be finished for your book, or is
> > this a separate issue ?
>
> If TDPL comes without addressing concurrency, or if if comes with
> something, ahem, not-so-good a la Python, we may as well gather our toys
> and go home.

The way things are going, I can't see things turning out any other way. Everything involving concurrency/shared seems to get pushed off. This thread is a recent example: asking for participants and then having no meaningful follow-up. When I was part of the sausage-making emails you and Walter were nearly silent, even in response to messages such as "can we at least agree to X?"