Concurrency architecture for D2

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Jan 2 08:54:15 PST 2010

Jason House wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:
>
>> Nick B wrote:
>
>>> 3. Finally, is this a requirement to be finished for your book,
>>> or is this a separate issue ?
>> If TDPL comes without addressing concurrency, or if if comes with
>> something, ahem, not-so-good a la Python, we may as well gather our
>> toys and go home.
>
> The way things are going, I can't see things turning out any other
> way. Everything involving concurrency/shared seems to get pushed off.

We already have a compelling message-passing model designed and to a
large extent implemented by Sean Kelly, so you can discount that risk.

> This thread is a recent example: asking for participants and then
> having no meaningful follow-up. When I was part of the sausage-making
> emails you and Walter were nearly silent, even in response to
> messages such as "can we at least agree to X?"

There are a few clerical issue to take care of, and I'm not sure what
Walter's preferred method of communication is. I will make you part of
whatever transport we'll use.

I am sure that some questions weren't answered simply because there was
no clear answer. Besides, email communication is imperfect.

Andrei