Porting C# code

Brien reply at tolist.com
Thu Jan 7 07:12:00 PST 2010

Steven Schveighoffer Wrote:
> It depends on what you are doing.  If you rely heavily on the GC, .NET's
> GC is much more mature than D's, and probably performs better.

For performance reasons, I've taken great pains to avoid steady state memory allocations.  I've got a lot of mid-life crisis type allocations so I'm forced to avoid the GC which would spend all day doing Gen2 collections.

I'm looking at D as a way to gain a speed boost and allow me to get off of Windows for my production runtime.