Compiler: Size of generated executable file

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Jan 10 22:39:33 PST 2010

Sean Kelly:
> I guess this is different than --gc-sections or whatever the ld flag is?<

I don't remember what --gc-sections is, but I guess it's something different. The code removed during the LTO is for example unreachable functions, or functions/methods, that once inlined are called from nowhere else, unused constants, etc. Here you can see an example on C code (in D1 it's the same):
http://llvm.org/docs/LinkTimeOptimization.html
Anyway, currently the LDC project is mostly sleeping.

Bye,
bearophile