Compiler: Size of generated executable file

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Jan 11 12:14:16 PST 2010

"Lars T. Kyllingstad" <public at kyllingen.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message
news:hiesf9$1f0v$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Walter Bright wrote:
>> Maybe the problem is the man page for ld, which has a truly bewildering
>> quantity of obtuse options, confusing people about what a linker actually
>> does.
>

> Amusingly, it also contains the following phrase:
>
> "The linker supports a plethora of command-line options, but in actual
> practice few of them are used in any particular context."
>
> :)

The GNU compilation tools have a lot of WTFs. My favorite:

"We think that they're only done this way for historical reasons, but we
aren't sure."
  - From the GCC Documentation (http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/beginner.html)