Compiler: Size of generated executable file

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 19:00:25 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:13:36PM -0300, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> If you use dynamic linking, the user just need to keep its system updated
> to avoid this kind of issues, and you only need to care about new release
> when the bugs are really from your program, not third-party libraries.

Yes, that is a benefit of dynamic linking. But, the other side of this is
if the third-party library's new version breaks your app, your poor user
is in trouble.

The choice to go dynamic is a trade off - sometimes worth it, but I tend
to assume not until the specific case shows otherwise.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net