@disable

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 10:30:17 PST 2010

Ary Borenszweig wrote:

> Why not read the specification?
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/attribute.html#auto
>
> "The auto attribute is used when there are no other attributes and type
> inference is desired."
>
> So basically type inference is always done except when you specify the type.

That doesn't really explain what it is, just how to use it.

I was under the impression auto was the same as the one in C because I
thought I read it somewhere (along with, "you can specify either a
storage class or a type and the other will be infered, but one of them
must be specifided"). But since I can't find it I must have made it up
in a dream about D.