D Language 2.0

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 18 20:26:44 PST 2010

== Quote from Walter Bright (newshound1 at digitalmars.com)'s article
> Also, if you're only writing a few K of code, D's advantages aren't that
> compelling over C (and neither are C++'s). It's when the size of the
> program increases that D's strengths really begin to dominate.

????  For small projects, D is still a huge improvement over C.  Templates, arrays
that "just work", a sane import system, an OO system, and most importantly a
standard library built to take advantage of these, is useful even in tiny 100-line
programs.  Even if all you're doing is writing a command line app to read in data
from a file, perform a few calculations, and print the results to stdout, do you
really want to deal with C's horribly low-level string and file I/O handling?