Will D 2.0 concurrency be supported between processes?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Jan 19 08:32:19 PST 2010

Michal Minich wrote:
> Will the currently-being-designed message-passing concurrency be
> supported between OS processes? Or only OS threads supported is planned?
> Others may be probably interested in: light-weight threads, cooperative
> concurrency and communication through network? If the implementation is
> not planned for initial release, is it planned for foreseeable future?
>
> Thank you for answer.

Right now we don't have time to focus on more than inter-thread
communication. Sean and I had a pow-wow last week and decided we don't
have the resources to address more than that. But definitely the design
has an eye on future extensibility, of which inter-process communication
is an obvious extension.

Andrei