Will D 2.0 concurrency be supported between processes?

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Tue Jan 19 10:26:08 PST 2010

Tue, 19 Jan 2010 08:32:19 -0800, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> Michal Minich wrote:
>> Will the currently-being-designed message-passing concurrency be
>> supported between OS processes? Or only OS threads supported is
>> planned? Others may be probably interested in: light-weight threads,
>> cooperative concurrency and communication through network? If the
>> implementation is not planned for initial release, is it planned for
>> foreseeable future?
>>
>> Thank you for answer.
>
> Right now we don't have time to focus on more than inter-thread
> communication. Sean and I had a pow-wow last week and decided we don't
> have the resources to address more than that. But definitely the design
> has an eye on future extensibility, of which inter-process communication
> is an obvious extension.
>
> Andrei

I haven't seen a single mention of what kind of algoritms can be solved
efficiently with this framework. Is it good for parallel algorithms like
parallel matrix multiplication, merge sort, producer/consumer problems,
serving web pages, rendering fractals, blitting images, parallel parsing,
handling RPC or GUIs?