unit type for addition to std lib [was Re: D Language 2.0]

BCS none at anon.com
Tue Jan 19 18:47:58 PST 2010

Hello SiegeLord,

> BCS Wrote:
>
>>> Also all of the imperial units that I don't care about, as well as
>>> the more obscure physical units.
>>>
>> My lib has every SI unit I could fine and all the units I found that
>> I recognised. The current vertion can have a new unit added as a
>> single line of code.
>>
> SI has 7 base units, your library has only 5 of them. You are missing
> luminosity (candellas) and amounts (moles).

They would be easy to add.

That said All the other type systems (CGS, MKS, imperial, etc.) only have
those 5 and I find claiming the the last two are base units just a bit silly
(candelas are defined in terms of power, stradians and an arbitrary curve
and moles are a count). I left them out in protest but I'll add them if anyone
cares enough to make much of an issue of it.