What's left to do for a stable D2?

Eldar Insafutdinov e.insafutdinov at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 02:42:18 PST 2010

Jason House Wrote:

> Andrei's finishing his last TDPL chapter, Sean is updating std.thread(?), and Walter's been fixing forward reference and CTFE bugs. What's left?

D2 seems to be close to be declared stable. I would also like to know if 64 bit support is going to be the next thing on the list? In my opinion it is much more important than any feature (AST macros, annotations etc). MS is pushing Windows 7 in 64 bit version. It is the same case with Apple operation systems and Linux. Many people refuse to use D2 and fall back to ldc just for this reason.