Google's Go

Steven E. Harris seh at panix.com
Sun Jan 24 07:46:34 PST 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> writes:

> Far as I can tell they set the _standard_ on attention to detail, and
> Microsoft and others are desperately catching up!

One point comes to mind: keyboard shortcuts. OSX is maddeningly
inconsistent and patchy with being able to use applications using just
the keyboard. Windows (and, hence, Microsoft) is the best in this
area. There's usually some way to do everything with the keyboard in a
given application. In OSX, there's usually some way to do /something/
with the keyboard.

--
Steven E. Harris