std.bigint?

Paul D. Anderson paul.d.removethis.anderson at comcast.andthis.net
Tue Jan 26 15:51:13 PST 2010

Julian Salazar Wrote:

> Just wondering, is std.bigint still included in the D2 standard library?
> Yes, the source file is there and the documentation is on the site, but it
> does not appear on the list of standard library modules on the sidebar for
> D2 (but unlike the documentation for std.bitarray, which indicates
> deprecation, the bigint documentation does not). In addition, there are some
> instances where BigInt is a bit dodgy (for example, it is impossible to do
> something such as someBigInt % someIntegerVariable for ANY
> someIntegerVariable type that isn't int, meaning that uint, long, ubyte,
> etc. all produce errors - I might try figuring out the cause of this and
> file some bug reports later).
>
> So is bigint being deprecated in the future or is it just unmaintained?
>
> Thanks,
> - Julian

I've written a bug report on the absence of the docs for bigint in the D delivery several releases ago. At first I thought it was a simple oversight, but I have become suspicious...what do they know that we don't???

I know the current implementation (by Janice Caron) has some shortcomings. I thought that someone (Don?) was creating a new implementation, but I don't know if that's true or not.

Paul