Function calls

boscop kingboscop at nospam.gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 12:53:18 PST 2010

On 27.01.2010 20:54, Michel Fortin wrote:
> On 2010-01-27 14:01:56 -0500, downs <default_357-line at yahoo.de> said:
>
>> Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>>>
>>> Me too.
>>
>> Me three.
>
> I'll miss the feature too. But I think it's the right thing to do
> because otherwise you can't have properties that behave like properties
> when returning a callable type.

It may be optically pleasant sometimes to be able to omit the parens,
but beside the problem with returning a callable type it's also easier
to spot where computations happen instead of fast access to properties,
even more in complex expressions. Of course you can hide a bottleneck in
a @property but I'm talking about the normal case here.
And it's not hard to type two parens for better readability.