Function calls

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 07:22:45 PST 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:47:45AM -0300, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu, el 28 de enero a las 07:57 me escribiste:
> > I need to put it for all front() and empty() declarations. By the
> > way I decided that popFront() is not a property. I don't know why.
>
> Because it denotes an action?

I don't think it is that simple - I see popFront; as an action all the
same as popFront();

I wonder if there is some correlation between old assembly programmers
and newer language users on this issue. In assembly, there's no distinction;
you write all instructions and many macros without parens, so it is no weird
thing.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net