TDPL a bad idea?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Jan 31 02:08:52 PST 2010

"John D" <jdean at googling.com> wrote in message
news:hk381s$1es1$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Did anyone watch Shark Tank on TV this week? Captain Ice Cream was
> rejected by all of the sharks and sent packing because he wanted to sell a
> franchise that wasn't. One of the sharks said to him something along the
> lines of, "a franchise offering is a package deal for a product that is a
> well-oiled machine... all the kinks worked out". Or was it the Legal
> Grind, coffee shop lawyering, franchise that they said that to? Of the
> Legal Grind, the sharks said: so you've been doing this for umpteen years
> and haven't made any real money and now you want to offer a franchise?
>
> Why a killing of trees for a manual that changes daily and can be on the
> internet? What is the point of TDPL? To make money? I don't see any value
> in a set of pages that are a manual for a constantly changing and
> unestablished computer programming language. Can't yaz save the trees and
> offer it for sale on the web to anyone who wants to pay for it? It's easy
> to setup a PayPal website (though I think D is far from that if ever). I
> don't see this thing selling in bookstores. A hard copy of an already
> obsolete specification? If it's just charitable contribution from long
> time afficionados, why not just .org and ask for contributions and not
> kill trees?
>
> "TDPL: we want money"? Msg me when it is "TDPL: the well-oiled machine".
> (Note I didn't say "the well-oiled MONEY machine).

Ordinarily I wouldn't think much of this, but considering some of this guy's
most recent postings over in "Google's Go", I'd say it's about time to
consider instituting a NG ban system. We were (maybe) able to chase away
superdan, but who knows how persistent other such trolls like this one will
prove to be.