Unit testing with asserts: Why is assertHandler required to throw?

Trip Volpe mraccident at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 16:43:35 PST 2010

Nick Sabalausky Wrote:
> The deferAssert module (possible name change and other API improvements
> pending) of my SemiTwist D Tools library (
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/semitwist ) is designed to get around those
> problems.

Good to know I'm not the only one who's had to working around this. :-P Considering how D has unit testing and contract programming built-in already, I'm still a bit surprised it doesn't have assertions and expectations that are actually useful for people doing heavy unit testing.

deferAssert is interesting, but it seems to require a lot of boilerplate. The combination of mixin and template syntax is a bit kludgy, heh.