LDC, GDC for D2

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Thu Jul 1 10:44:55 PDT 2010

On 30/06/10 22:06, mwarning wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 18:14:47 +0000, dsimcha wrote:
>
>> Now that Andrei's book is out and the D2 spec is (fairly) stable, is
>> there going to be any serious effort to port LDC to D2?  Also, regarding
>> GDC, I've noticed that no D2-related checkins have happened in a long
>> time.
>>
>> In both cases, is there any good technical reason for the lack of focus
>> on D2, or is it just that D2 has stabilized very recently and given the
>> limited resources of these projects, D1 is considered a higher priority?
>
> The contributors so far don't have time any more or just lost interest.
> It's probably no big issue to give ppl svn access when they want to give
> it a try to work on ldc.

I was maintaining LDC 2, unfortunately I became rather busy which
hindered my efforts. I had an email a couple of days ago from someone
who seemed interested in reviving it, I'm not sure how committed he was
to it though. Should he offer some good patches D2 wise I'm sure there'd
be no issue with giving him commit access.

----
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/