Bit disappointed with TDPL build quality

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 17:34:21 PDT 2010

On Thursday, July 01, 2010 14:22:30 strtr wrote:
> I just got my (44E) copy of the TDPL and I love the stuff I've read so far.
>
> But, the book as an object kind of disappoints me..
> I know it isn't a hard-cover, but still:
>
> I don't own any book with this kind of translucent pages. It makes all the
> pages look smudgy and you can actually read the bibliography through page
> 431. Also, maybe I don't own any books which use the same cutting process,
> but it looks really sloppy cut.
>
> Maybe it's just my book, but just thought I should mention this.

In any case, the only problem that I've had with the quality of the book's
material is that I've been carrying it around so much that it's starting to get
a bit worn on the edges. And given that it's paperback, that's likely pretty
much a given unless you go out of your way to make sure that it's treated really
carefully, or you just leave it on the shelf and don't read it.

The paper is a bit translucent, but it doesn't really affect the readability IMO,
and the paper does seem to be of good quality. I'm sure that you could find other
books with this sort of paper - especially if you look at books from the same
publisher. Overall, I really like the quality of the book. About the only thing
that I could have asked for would be a hardcover, but that's not exactly the
norm for programming books.

- Jonathan M Davis

P.S. @spam.com? I would have thought that an address like that would be taboo.
What's the idea, that there's no way a spammer would label their e-mail adress
as spam?