mangle

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 18:32:15 PDT 2010

By the way, why _does_ D mangle its names? What's the advantage? I understood
that C++ does it because it was forced to back in the days when it was
transformed into C code during compilation but that it's now generally
considered a legacy problem that we're stuck with rather than something that
would still be considered a good design decision.

So, why did D go with name mangling? It certainly makes stuff like stack traces
harder to deal with. I've never heard of any advantage to name mangling, only
disadvantages.

- Jonathan M Davis