[OT, but getting closer]: reddit discussion on C++ Concepts: A Postmortem

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Jul 7 18:42:28 PDT 2010

Bartosz Milewski:
>It's the same phenomenon you have in weakly typed languages,<

I think he means dynamically typed languages. An example of partially weakly typed language is C. For example Python3 is almost as strongly typed as D.

>Concepts do introduce a lot of complexity into the language but they reduce and organize the complexity of programs.<

There are features more important for library developers and other features that are enough for application writers.

>In Java, everything is an object,<

Except native values as ints, etc.

It's a nice article that has taught me several details I didn't know about.
This is the tutorial on Concepts I have appreciated more:
http://tinyurl.com/3xq56o4

Bye,
bearophile