SafeD & Java

Jeremy Powers jpowers at wyrdtech.com
Wed Jul 7 23:02:52 PDT 2010

> In any case, while Java should be fairly easily converted to D automatically (at
> least as far as the language itself goes - not the libraries), I'm not aware of
> any project that's designed to do that.

What you describe is pretty close to the track that DWT(2) has taken -
porting SWT from Java by basically stubbing out the Java standard
library and then tweaking the Java source.

http://www.dsource.org/projects/dwt

There's also this project, though I don't know what state it is in:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/tioport