std.pattern..mixin temptes..std.concurrency

BLS windevguy at hotmail.de
Thu Jul 8 16:38:59 PDT 2010

> I think Observer is a very difficult pattern to make generic. There's
> very much variability. Here's an article I wrote about it:
>
> http://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://erdani.com/publications/cuj-2005-04.pdf
>

> http://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://erdani.com/publications/cuj-2005-06.pdf
>

> Andrei

Hi Andrei,
hope you still remember that it was me who brings in the EIFFEL pattern
library.... erm...

I have to fight here with several problems. (And creating an templated
Publisher/ Subscriber pattern based on mixin templates is not the
biggest one :) )

1) std.collections classes , as well as Steven's dcollections are
final.. This keeps me away from sub classing and mixin a Publisher template.
As already said on D Learn, not everything is lost.. We still have the
option to implement the decorator pattern on any given collection.

( Funny .. it's a another pattern I would like to implement as META
pattern )

But Ouch,  implementing this stuff requires more brain food than
expected, however, once we have a working hard-doable observer in
std.pattern. (mixin based), a couple of other patterns should be not
that far away.. visitor.. composite, and so on. However I think not
every pattern could be "templated".  but the observer stuff seem to be
doable.. He Andrei we are using D.. and as PhD Guy did it in EIFFEL.

bjoern