What are AST Macros?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Jul 8 18:55:54 PDT 2010

"Nick Sabalausky" <a at a.a> wrote in message
news:i15uqd$1917$1 at digitalmars.com...

> You're right, AST is "Abstract Syntax Tree". As for what that actually

Also, I'm very close to a new release of my Goldie language-processing
project ( http://www.dsource.org/projects/goldie ). There are some tools in
it ("Parse" and a customized version of "JsonViewer") that make it *very*
easy to inspect the parse tree of a source file (although not D yet, sadly)
and get a feel for how parse trees work. But it also has a fairly simple
documentation-generating tool (really just an HTML pre-processor) that uses
its own language, and when you use it, it can output the AST of the
documentation source. Then you can use that customized "JsonViewer" to get a
good feel for the AST, and how that works, and how it compares to the parse
tree. You you might want to keep an eye out on D.announce for that. I'm
hoping it'll be within the next few weeks, although that depends on
real-world work...