Manual memory management in D2

Francisco Almeida francisco.m.almeida at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 07:45:27 PDT 2010

I agree, deprecating a fundamental operator like delete should not be
taken lightly. A lot of us prefer to manage the memory manually and do
RAII for our own reasons. By all means, add clear(obj) to the
language/standard library, but both methods should always be available.
There is no valid reason to coerce the rest of us into depending on the
garbage collector. If I wanted to program in a language that imposes
that on me, I would be programming in Java.